Sunday 14 October 2012

Bridal Blogs I'm Bursting About!!

I am so excited to share my new favourite Wedding Blogs on here!

My favourite part about finding a new blog is all the catch up reading I get to do! It is like discovering an entire new library of resources and inspiration- or a new TV show 3 seasons in and you get to watch all 3 seasons to catch up on the current posts/episodes. My other favourite thing about a new blog is if it happens to be from the place I'm living.  This means everything is so much more personal- vendors I can access without travelling, locations I can actually visit and the traditions that I want to incorporate all with real inspiration that is so available & tangible.  My latest new love is One Fab Day by Naoise McNally & Susan Gallagher. The ladies who contribute to this site offer such new and creative inspiration.  Often times I find that many wedding blogs are continually rolling out the same ideas, but One Fab Day honestly continuously presents new and fabulous decor ideas, DIY and beautiful designs by creative designers that produce designs that anyone can find something to suit their style and body. For example:

Through One Fab Day I discovered the designer Sheila Bobeldijk who creates stunning pieces for her label, Sibo Designs (check out her website) and she also sells on her Etsy Shop .
Isn't this the most romantic veil you have ever seen? The delicate lace mantilla veil has been given a modern but still very classic update with the floral clip, gathering it to one side. 
Stunning, I'm such a big fan.
 

I have also discovered another great wedding blog, Green Wedding Shoes. Unfortunately it is based in the states, which means the vendors are not as accessible for me however I am "head over heals in love" with them because they offer such a range of beautiful DIY, Real Weddings & over all inspiration that I can relate to.



My most cherished new DIY from Green Wedding Shoes is the DIY: Polka Dot Blusher Veil: This is so easy to do and looks perfect. How many brides spend so much money on a veil when it is easily achieved through DIY? Plus this is one of those projects that you can add your own personal flair to by adding volume, colour, floral, feathers- whatever your heart desires- but at the same time this gives you the tools to create a perfectly simple & beautiful veil that will look pro without needing to add anything.

In celebration of my new favourite wedding blogs I'm going to make sure I post a Favourite Entry of the week out of all the wedding blogs I follow! Which is basically an excuse to do a lot of wedding research every week :) Till next time! xo H

No comments:

Post a Comment